Tube amp problem

Problems with equipment? Problem fitting them into the above forums? Post 'em here.

Tube amp problem

Postby savage » Fri May 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Hello all! I haven't been on this board in a while. i hope you are all doing well. I come to you to access your wisdom on tube amps. Have always received good advice and direction from the fellas on here.

I have owned a 4x10 fender hotrod DeVille since 2007. It has seen ALOT of use (shows/recordings/tour/etc). In all this time, the only maintenance I have done to it has been replacing the power tubes (because some genius fell into my amp and broke the back board with his knee, breaking both tubes), and I have replaced the reverb pan. Our last show (this past friday) the amp started squealing loud mutant baby alien noises randomly (only way I can describe it). I couldn't tell if it was a connection problem or something sending too much power to the tubes. I am not a tech by any means. The only thing I can say is that When I replaced the power tubes I was told to replace the other (smaller tubes)... which I never did. Any insight is GREATLY appreciated.
savage
Regular

Return to Equipment Blues