What if?

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

What if?

Postby texas blues » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:01 am

Just one bright idea to end the killing in Iraq, Gaza, Somalia, etc...Parachute in the hottest, smokin' blues band with 2 1/2 million watts of P.A., add 4,000 hookers and 12,000 barrels of beer. Hmmmm...party all night or strapon a bomb and waste myself....seems like an easy choice. Oops forgot that some don't drink. Yeah right...wink wink nudge nudge. What do you think?

Musings of a bored directionless loser.
texas blues
Regular

Postby grady » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:12 am

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Drop a few Tons of High-Quality Reefer in the middle of the Country and the fighting will end Tomorrow.
Throw in a "Guns for Water-Bongs" exchange program for added enjoyment.

I can see it now,
American Soldiers, Iraqis, all sitting around a big ole Huka laughing their asses off.

However, it may lead to a Food shortage ;)
grady
Regular

Postby texas blues » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:32 pm

aaah..might not work all the time as I forgot about the drunk guy cryin'.."I love youy man..I oughta' kick your ass right now!" factor. Reefer? I only know about that stuff from what I have seen on 60 minutes and dats for true mon!
texas blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:05 am

Got dreadlocks stuffed under that 10 gallon hat? :lol:
ricochet
Regular

Postby texas blues » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:46 am

Rico...no dreads here but...several years ago while in Missoula, MT., you wouldn't believe the number of white trust fund college kids sportin' lord boards and Bob Marley dreads. Scary scary mon, but then I am a Texican gypsy Hungarian with a Scottish last name. Go figure. I say bring back Dick Nixon to deal with the terrorists!!
texas blues
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:45 am

Yeah! Give 'em Dick!
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:06 am

Yep, either Nixon or Reagan.

This crap would be over with in 2 weeks.
grady
Regular

Postby maxx england » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:51 pm

ricochet wrote:Yeah! Give 'em Dick!

You are, you really are, you know? You really are unrelenting. Well done.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Grady wrote
Yep, either Nixon or Reagan.

This crap would be over with in 2 weeks.

Ah, a historical revisionist. Actually the world was rife with terrorism during Reagan's administration and he had virtually no effect in quelling it.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:51 pm

At least Reagan got in and out of Grenada in a couple weeks, but that's 'cuz it was the longest deal they had in any of their "all-inclusive" resort deals,lol!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby allanlummox » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Anyone read the liner notes from the first "Super Blues" album?

That was one of my first, very favorite albums of all time.

Bo Diddley,Muddy Waters,and Little Walter as a solution to the Viet Cong.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 pm

NEONMOONY wrote:Ah, a historical revisionist. Actually the world was rife with terrorism during Reagan's administration and he had virtually no effect in quelling it.

The Iranians did hasten to let the embassy hostages go as Reagan came into office. They were afraid of what he might do.
ricochet
Regular

Postby grady » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Yes, the whole World feared Reagan.

That's a FACT.
He was a "no Bullcrap" kind of guy.

You can say or think what you want about the guy but, this Country was SAFE when he was President.

That's also a FACT.

There might've been Terrorism and other things going on in the World but, they weren't going to mess with the USA with Reagan as President.

No one is that stupid.
grady
Regular

Postby texas blues » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:27 pm

Don't forget good old Harry Truman. He certainly wasn't afraid to commit and take chances. Now I am not advocating the limited use of tactical nuclear weapons whether in Iraq, Iran or North Korea, but I would have to think that "Made in America-Tested in Japan", would certainly give terrorists a chance to pause. Can't imagine the trouble makers are shaking in their sandals at the prospect of Hillary being elected. That being said...My Fantasy pick...Ditka vs. The Terrorists....Ditka 249, Terrorists 14.
texas blues
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:47 pm

I didn't say any thing about the guy only that terrorism was not effected by him. As for facts, how quickly we forget. Here are terrorist incidents involving Americans during Reagan's first term alone, 1981-1986.

April 18, 1983 U.S. Embassy in Beirut is blown up by a van packed with explosives; 63 people killed, 17 Americans dead.

October 23, 1983 The headquarters of the U.S. Marine Battalion Landing Team in Beirut is blown up by a truck packed with explosives; 241 Americans killed.

December 12, 1983 Suicide squads attack U.S. and French embassies in Kuwait; five people are killed.

September 20, 1984 A van carrying explosives detonates outside of the U.S. Embassy annex in Christian East Beirut; two U.S. servicemen are killed

November 20, 1984 A truck bomb exploded outside the Aukar, Lebanon annex of the U.S. embassy in Beirut. Twenty-four people are killed including 2 U.S. military personnel

December 3, 1984 Kuwait Airways Flight 221 from Kuwait to Pakistan was hijacked and diverted to Tehran. Two passengers who were U.S. government employees were murdered.

June 14, 1985 TWA Flight 847 is hijacked en route to Rome; one U.S. Navy diver is murdered

June 19, 1985 Six Americans (four U.S. Marines and two American businessman) are murdered outside a cafe in San Salvador, El Salvador

August 8, 1985 A car bomb explodes outside the U.S. Rhein-Main Air Base near Frankfurt, Germany killing two Americans.

October 7, 1985 Italian cruise liner, the Achille Lauro, is hijacked off the coast of Egypt; one American passenger is murdered.

November 23, 1985 Egypt Air Flight 648 en route from Athens to Cairo is hijacked to Malta. During the rescue operation, 60 passengers are killed including one American.

December 27, 1985 Terrorists simultaneously attack Rome and Vienna airport ticket counters; 20 people murdered, 5 Americans

As for Iran, they weren't in fear, he made trade deals for the hostages. They got arms and technology. He also supported Saddam and the Contras.

If America was safe in the 80's it wasn't because he was President. Terrorism hadn't reached us at home yet.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Next

Return to Way off Topic