Come on in my kitchen!

Nothin' to do with blues? The name says it all. You might try e-mail or Personal Message, but if those don't work for you, put it here, not in the blues forums above. Thanks!

Come on in my kitchen!

Postby texas blues » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey ya'll from the big dry ditch here in Las Vegas. Here on the forum we talk about everything from reso's to amps to harps and everything in between. One thing we often overlook is that thing that binds us to the blues and each other. Great food and drink! Playing and listening to the blues goes hand in hand with bbq, fried catfish, chicken wings..even taco's and pizza! Ya'll know what I'm talkin' about. Muddy Waters was fond of his salmon croquettes and fried baloney snacks. Howlin Wolf ate "more chicken than any man seen".This thread will be devoted to your blues kitchen and the good smells and goin's on in it. Share the love and post pics. Here's some of mine..

At least once a week I whoop up a batch of jalapeno poppers. These are stuffed with shrimp and habanero peppers!

Nothing like salmon with sweet thai chili cream sauce!

Just can't beat a slow cooked pot roast!

So what's cookin' in your kitchen?

Cheers ya'll, TB.
texas blues
Regular

Re: Come on in my kitchen!

Postby leftyguitarman » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Next time I'm in Las Vegas, I'm eatin' dinner at your place! :lol: That looks like some good stuff, especially the jalapeño poppers.

I might cook up a Spanish tortilla (not a Mexican tortilla used for burritos and such) and if I do, I'll post some pics. It's pretty much just a fried potato, onion, egg pie.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:31 am

TX blues, Now your cooking my kind of food :)

HOT & spicy is the only way to eat food.
Derekslide
Regular

Postby goldbrick » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:55 am

Unfortunately usually 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce , cheese , pickles , onions on a sesame bun and a can of OM

damn right I got the blues
goldbrick
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:57 am

Hey, we've got a perfectly good discussion of Spam going on in the Cheap Seats!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:04 am

ricochet wrote:Hey, we've got a perfectly good discussion of Spam going on in the Cheap Seats!
Hey Ric, Spam is pretty good if you know how to cook it.
Derekslide
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 am

Take out shrimp burritos after my Shoutcast tonight.

Really GOOD.

And a bottle of Ripasso from Trader Joes.

Also really good!
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Little Tina » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm

texas blues wrote:At least once a week I whoop up a batch of jalapeno poppers. These are stuffed with shrimp and habanero peppers!

Jalapenos stuffed with habaneros? :blink:

You really do like it hot!
Little Tina
Regular

Postby Bournio » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:47 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:I might cook up a Spanish tortilla (not a Mexican tortilla used for burritos and such) and if I do, I'll post some pics. It's pretty much just a fried potato, onion, egg pie.

I know them as Spanish Omelletes oddly enough. But they are very nice! We do them at uni when a lot of stuffs about to go off cos everything goes well in one!
Bournio
Regular

Postby leftyguitarman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Bournio wrote:
leftyguitarman wrote:I might cook up a Spanish tortilla (not a Mexican tortilla used for burritos and such) and if I do, I'll post some pics. It's pretty much just a fried potato, onion, egg pie.

I know them as Spanish Omelletes oddly enough. But they are very nice! We do them at uni when a lot of stuffs about to go off cos everything goes well in one!

Yeah, they're a lot like a omelet. (I just realised how weird that word looks. :lol: ) They are good with just about everything too. I've thought about experimenting with them by putting meat in it or something but I hate to ruin it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby howlnwoof » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:20 pm

..... got a roast and potatoes going right now for tonight ..... just finished mixing up a huge pot of jambalaya that will sit in the fridge till Wednesday (oh the flavors) ..... made a coated chicken breast w/mushrooms and a red wine sauce the other night ..... had apricot porkchops w/dijon onion green beans last Saturday ...... the last couple of years I made a deal with my wife that I would cook from Thanksgiving till softball season kicks in ..... I do not make things from boxes ...... I remember the effort and care my grandma put into meals and that's what I try to recreate .... and as rare as it seems these days , for the most part we as a family sit down at the dining room table every night and eat together and laugh and talk !!! ( excepting the occasional night when my daughters sports schedule makes it impossible to do so)
howlnwoof
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 pm

howlnwoof wrote:..... got a roast and potatoes going right now for tonight ..... just finished mixing up a huge pot of jambalaya that will sit in the fridge till Wednesday (oh the flavors) ..... made a coated chicken breast w/mushrooms and a red wine sauce the other night ..... had apricot porkchops w/dijon onion green beans last Saturday ...... the last couple of years I made a deal with my wife that I would cook from Thanksgiving till softball season kicks in ..... I do not make things from boxes ...... I remember the effort and care my grandma put into meals and that's what I try to recreate .... and as rare as it seems these days , for the most part we as a family sit down at the dining room table every night and eat together and laugh and talk !!! ( excepting the occasional night when my daughters sports schedule makes it impossible to do so)
I got some hamburger slow cooking for my chilie for tomorrow night.
Derekslide
Regular

Postby ricochet » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

Derek has 1000 posts with that one!
ricochet
Regular

Postby Bournio » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:21 pm

leftyguitarman wrote:
Yeah, they're a lot like a omelet. (I just realised how weird that word looks. :lol: ) They are good with just about everything too. I've thought about experimenting with them by putting meat in it or something but I hate to ruin it.

Meat's fine... we did try bacon i think, or maybe chicken. I seem to remember it worked, wasnt a very strongly flavoured meat..
Bournio
Regular

Postby Derekslide » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm

ricochet wrote:Derek has 1000 posts with that one!
Thank you Rico, But I don't do post counts and I think they are pretty stupid.
Derekslide
Regular

Next

Return to Way off Topic